Hello my darlings! I hope you all had a wonderful week! Since my grandma works on Friday nights, that is usually Tom and my at home date nights since we have the whole house to ourselves for a few hours. Normally, Tom and I will cook dinner together but tonight I decided I wanted to make dinner for him all on my own. Now let me just inform you guys that I have never made dinner completely by myself before so to say I was nervous about it is an understatement. Still, 6 months from tomorrow I will officially be a wife so cooking dinner on my own for my family is something I need to be able to do so why not start now! Well, I am happy to report not only was dinner completely edible, it was actually delicious and I didn’t burn the house down! Tom even said that the baked potatoes I made were the best he has ever eaten! So for tonight’s blog post, I thought I would inform you all of the dinner I made and how I made it so maybe you can recreate it for your own family one day! 🙂
So to start off, I decided yesterday I wanted to make honey BBQ marinated thin pork chops with baked potatoes and vegetables. I knew we had potatoes and vegetables at my grandmas so I just picked up some pork chops from the store on my way home last night. Now I don’t like the really thick pork chops. Instead, I prefer the thin ones so I picked up just two thin pork chops from my local Tops.
To begin the actual cooking process, I started with the potatoes.
- I preheated the oven to 300 degrees F before washing the potatoes. After rinsing them off, I placed them on a baking sheet that I already covered with tinfoil. Once on the sheet, I took my fork and I poked each of my potatoes (four in total) with my fork 5 times. Next, I smothered them with olive oil and salt before placing them in the oven and setting a timer for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes began to bake, I took my pork chops and placed them into a cooking dish. Next, I covered each pork chop with olive oil, salt, and finally the honey BBQ sauce on each side.
- After the 30 minutes were up, I placed the pork chops into the oven next to the potatoes. I raised the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and set the kitchen timer for another 30 minutes.
- While that cooked, I put the frozen mixed vegetables in a pan and set it near the stove. Once about 20 minutes went by, I put the pan on one of the burners and set it to 6.
- Once the timer went off, I took the potatoes out of the oven and slit each one of them open. I then stuffed each potato with butter and shredded cheddar cheese before placing them back into the oven.
- Once another 10 minutes went by, I took both the potatoes and the pork out of the oven. I also drained the vegetables before placing each food item on both Tom and my plate. Once I was done, it looked like this!
And that’s it! Quick, easy and delicious dinner that took about an hour and 15 minutes in total to make. Obviously, you may want to add more BBQ sauce or even use different spices because not everyone has the same taste buds but for me, it was the perfect amount. I know some of you are probably wondering why I feel so accomplished at making such a simple dinner but it’s more the concept that I was able to do it all on my own. For some one with anxiety, being able to cook a full dinner without any help, is a huge accomplishment and one that I really am proud of! I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you do decide to recreate it, let me know how it turns out! I already know this is going to be one of my favorite date night dinners to make but I want to ask all of you, what is your favorite date night dinner? 🙂
Until next time my darlings,
Kaylee D. ❤